Sunday, March 30, 2008

Praise and Worship Leaders Really Set The Tone

Mom had a very difficult morning. She did not sleep well, which meant I did not sleep well. She kept wanting to go home, though she was already at home. My brother came over to help calm her down but by then (8AM or so) she was dressed and enjoying breakfast. So since we were both up bright and early and she was raring to go somewhere, I thought I would do something that would bring a smile to her face. I decided to take her to visit her church. We hopped in the car and began our travels, when half way there I heard her say, "I told you to take me home!" I reminded her we were on our way to church and she said, "I did not tell you to take me to church I told you to take me home!" So I turned the car around. This opened up a wonderful opportunity for me to attend the church of my choice. My nephew, Sammy and my son, Micah stayed with Mom. I arrived right on time for the very first song and let me tell you, our Praise and Worship Leader, Eric, is AMAZING! He has such a heart for Christ and you can feel that with every soulful tone. He helps the crowd leave whatever happened before they got there behind, so they can focus on Christ. His selection of music and his delivery makes the crowd feel excited to praise and then he and the worship team direct you right into deep worship. When I close my eyes, as I repeat certain verses, I feel as though I am inhaling the essence of the Holy Spirit. For a moment, I forget others are around and it is just me and God and Eric and the praise team. I love that feeling. After Praise and Worship, I feel totally refreshed and renewed. Blessings go out to all the Praise and Worship Leaders everywhere.

No comments: