Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Everyone Needs A Sammykins

There are some people in this world that are just so wonderful. You know you are blessed to have them in your life and you might even wish everyone could experience their kindness, but what can you do? You can't clone them. hahaha Well, my nephew Sammy is in that category. He makes sure to visit us regularly and as we sat together the other day I immediately thought, "I've got to tell my Blog friends about him!" Actually he would be my great-nephew (no pun intended) because his wonderful Mom is my niece Gina. I lived in VA during the majority of his life but once he met us, he had an immediate bond with my children and me. He is the type of person that you can depend on and he looks for opportunities to do things to help without even being asked. That's what I call going the extra mile! He is a gentleman, very respectful and a godly person. Like my daughter, Beranda, he demonstrates a maturity beyond his 19 years. He is so patient with my Mom and when he fills in for me during vacation time, etc. I know he follows my schedule in getting Mom up, feeding her and administering meds and that he is giving her all the love and care that I do. He also helps to transport and babysits his little nephews and nieces when he is not working or serving within his congregation. And he is a wonderful encourager to his teen male cousins. So here's to you Sammy, nicknamed Sammykins by this Auntie. You are a sweetheart and I cannot thank you enough for all the love and care you provide to our family and all those you come in contact with.

No comments: