Friday, February 1, 2008

My Faithful Companion

I have always loved animals and pets can add such a tenderness to one's life. I'm sure you have heard that pets are now being brought into nursing homes and hospitals so seniors and children can interact with them. They find the interaction can lower blood pressure and give hope to those suffering with serious illness. Unfortunately, some people have serious allergies and cannot experience that love. But pets are definitely a sweet little gift. They have personalities and we can learn from them. Pets can teach a child responsibility, as well as, how to focus, be more caring and even how to deal with loss. I will never forget my first dog Sheppy. He was a German Shepherd-Collie mix, super intelligent and very human-like. He cried when I cried. He would drape his large body over a swing and do his best to swing along side me. He passed away when he and I were 14 and I was heartbroken but the time we spent together was priceless. Above is a picture of my current little sweetheart, Chewchy. He is a precious gift...smart, intelligent and so loving. Before getting a pet, do your research to get the right fit for your family. Keep immunizations up-to-date and perform regular hygiene care. Consult experts at your local vet or pet store if you have questions. "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your Dog. Your are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Mark Twain

No comments: