Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sometimes You Need A Hiatus...Don't Beat Yourself Up About It


Those of you that follow this site and The Mom Squad site, know that I LOVE my online school experience. Argosy University is a wonderful school and for the most part, every single class, and almost every professor has richly added to my life but for the second time in a year I believe I am burned out. There is a lot of reading and writing to do and though I usually do my school work while caring for Mom I found myself several weeks ago, burned out as a caregiver and my school break did not coincide with the respite granted via Hospice. Consequently, a self-induced schoolwork break was unintentionally imposed. Now, it is time for the school break and I am going to do my best to go great guns when the break ends. I was on the Dean's List for almost the entire year. Things happen. I was beating myself up about it and then I decided that was Satan just trying to bring me down. I choose to give all glory and honor to God and I thank Him for the renewed strength and the renewing of my mind. In fact, I thank my Heavenly Father for even shutting me down when I truly need to shut down. If we push ourselves beyond our ability it may be damaging to our physical and/or mental health. So take a break without the guilt! Then get back in the saddle and ride better than ever.

No comments: