Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bless You Pointer Sisters!!


This post is a bit late but I had to write it. I had the pleasure of seeing The Pointer Sisters for the first time. The event took place at Cain Park and I am telling you they were MAGNIFICENT!!! They looked incredible. One of the things they are known for is their style. They have such energy, their voices are incredible and the songs really took me back. Anita and Ruth Pointer are the two originals remaining in the group at this time. June, one of the founding members, bless her heart, passed on several years ago and Bonnie, the other founding member, is still a powerhouse but from what I later read has had difficulties with drugs. I am actually praying for a reunion of the 3 sisters. God is able. In the meantime, Ruth's granddaughter, Sadoku, completed the trio and she is a welcomed treat.

If you E-V-E-R get the opportunity to see them, you certainly will not be disappointed! I would go again in a heartbeat. Here's to Cain Park doing more advertising next year and filling the seats to the rafters.

No comments: