Sunday, May 23, 2010

Proud...That's All I Can Say of My Shae Shae

Shae reviewing notes with cast outside on a beautiful day in DC


As I sit here reflecting on God's goodness and the blessing He has bestowed upon me via my 3 children, all I can do is take a deep cleansing breath and smile. My oldest, Shae, could sleep, drink and eat her job and that is magnificent when one can be that passionate, that thrilled about going to work everyday. She is the Assistant Artistic Director of City At Peace, a nonprofit organization in DC www.cityatpeacedc.org that teaches nonviolent conflict resolution via the arts. Every year a group of awesome teens and young adults go through various exercises to get to know themselves, each other and to learn how to embrace differences and see the similarities in the group made up of various ethnicities and financial status representing schools in DC, MD and VA. At the end of each year they write an original play based upon their lives. The choreography and the music are original too!

Cast Run-thru - Atlas Theatre
Shae was actually a part of this group from junior high til graduation and several years after college her prayers were answered to return as staff. This year's event entitled, Right To Remain, brought laughter, tears and opened a dialog for the many issues facing our children in today's society. Great job cast and crew! Thank you for allowing my family and me to always feel a part of the group. And a special thanks goes out to Ms. Sandi Holloway, Artistic Director for all of the blood, sweat and tears she puts into the creation of each group, every year. Shae and Sandi share so much love and their own God-given talent and experienced learning with each member of the cast. AWESOME LADIES!!! See you next year!

No comments: