Friday, January 25, 2008

I Am Loving My New Bible Study!

As a Caregiver, I have to plan accordingly for off site situations and I truly miss having a Bible Study that I can attend on a regular basis. During the 20 years I lived in VA, the Pastor impressed upon us that we are in a spiritual battle. Each and everyday we must put on the whole armor of God, Ephesians 6:10 - 18. We have to be girded up (ready for action) from our head to our feet. There are many ways to fight this battle and one way is by speaking God's Word to the enemy when he approaches. The Bible tells us to resist Satan so he will flee, I Peter 5:8. It's that simple and that complex. In order to have a strong spirit, we must BE IN THE WORD so the WORD can be IN US. Bible Studies like Community Bible Study (http://www.communitybiblestudy.org/), Women's Worship Groups like AGLOW (www.aglow.org/aglow/Default.aspx?id=758), church studies like those written by Beth Moore (http://www.lproof.org/) and Christian Retreats are priceless in my opinion. I have thoroughly engaged in those listed and many others during my years in VA and I miss the fellowship in addition to the wonderful information. So once I relocated back to OH, I prayed for a Women's Study. Then I asked the wife of one of the church leaders where I presently attend, if she knew of any upcoming studies and she informed me that there was nothing on the horizon. Well, you know God is so faithful. He hears our every prayer and truly answers them. The very next week, there was a notice in the bulletin, 'Women's Bible Study to Begin Next Month'. I jumped for joy (literally). Though this is an entirely different topic, the older I get, the better I seem to feel so I do a lot of jumping, hopping, skipping and dancing just to burn calories and it makes me giggle inside like when I was a little girl...but back to the subject. It was an 11 week study I believe and man, what an experience. I got to meet and feel closer with the women of the church. This meant so much to me being new. At my VA church there probably are about 2,500 people. I was Director of several ministries so I was in constant contact with lots of people. I missed all the smiles and allllllll the hugs. I needed the interaction. Caregiving can be isolating but I thank God everyday for the opportunity to be with Mom and to care for her. I wouldn't have it any other way. She was always the sweetest most caring Mom I ever knew so being her Caregiver is my privilege, my pleasure and definitely a ministry in itself. I do quite a few things to make myself feel alive and to keep myself strong and healthy, including praying, so I can take good care of her...but I will share more about that at another time, back to the subject. (smile) After that study was over, the church arranged another one but Mom's sleep schedule changed which made it difficult for me to get out early in the morning. Since that time, I have been praying for another way to have a study and feel a part of a group. 2008 has brought about such a fresh outlook and a renewing...an appreciation of my being, so I wanted to start the New Year off with a new Bible Study. I began to surf the web and found a daily online study that I just love. Every morning I am greeted with a synopsis and question(s) pertaining to text. I selected the study on I Peter. If you have been looking for a Bible Study and for one reason or another have been unable to locate a group study or maybe you just enjoy a private study, try this site. It is free, easy to register and there is an online community in which you can share your answers and read others information, if you like. You do not have to enter your answers online if you do not wish to. The site address is http://www.joyfulheart.com/ Even if you don't want to do a study, there is tons of info there, periodicals and you can sign up for a monthly newsletter. I pray the Lord guides you to the Bible Study that fits your needs. Our bodies need food daily...Our spirits need daily nourishment as well. Bless you.

No comments: