Monday, May 16, 2011

Thank You Lord 4 Keeping Teens Safe During Prom Season


It was so lovely...I mean SUCH a HUGE BLESSING to see my son all dressed up and confidently ready to mix, mingle and have a great time this past weekend. God provided all of the finances and some major deals to help us get what Micah needed and at the same time at bargain prices. We are just bursting with happiness to see Micah grow to be a man of integrity. But I felt compelled to pray for a hedge of protection around every single teen/young adult out on the roads during this prom season. Thank you Lord. Commencement next, summer job hopefully and off to college. Though I have prayed everyday with and for this young man, I can't stop now. I had to thank my nephew Rocky and his wife Jennifer for moving all the way across town to buy a home in our neighborhood just so Micah would have their son Ryan to go to high school with. That was so thoughtful and it has been wonderful for all of us to see them grow together... pray together...play together...and now move into adulthood never forgetting these precious moments. My new daughter, Dominique, has prom coming up, commencement and college too. We pray daily for her as well.

I am going to miss my constant companion that has helped me for 7 years to care for my Mom but I wish Micah all the best. My children know my motto, "Grow, Go, & Grow Some More". Even before I had children I prayed for 3...2 girls & a boy (probably because that is what my Mom had) that would live for Christ and be positive, productive members of society. God has blessed me and I am truly thankful.

No comments: