Saturday, June 19, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DADDY - WE MISS YOU...


Memories of our Father – We called him Georgieboy
What a wonderful man he was, full of laughter, full of joy
Hard working and full of life. He made time for us.
I guess he was frustrated at times but he never made a fuss.
Oh how he loved our Mom, his Model A and fishing
He made his own drum grills and left the neighbors wishing
For just a taste of his Q with his famous homemade sauce
For just a moment with him again, I’d pay any cost
He made homemade wine too for that we’d all stand still
His day of retirement from TRW was truly quite a thrill.
I could talk to him, you know, no matter what was on my mind
He never seemed too busy, he was truly just that kind
At night I’d watch him on his knees, his prayers were very long
In church his deep voice belowed - The Sweet By and By was his song
Forever thankful for this man who rates a 10+ on the meter
A self-made man, an innovator that knew God was his leader

No comments: