Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And Then There's Love...


I'm finding the dating scene to be very different from when I was single 100 years ago. In fact, it seems more cyber-dating is taking place than actual dating nowadays. It makes me wonder why people are not interacting...one on one...face to face. Guys approach me often but they don't seem able to offer more than compliments. They begin the conversation with, "Hi! You're very attractive." Then I say, "Hi! Thank you very much." PAUSE or for those of us into the writings of David, SELAH. hahaha I then may muster up the next sentence, something about the weather or the crowd at the register or whatever. Then from there they continue on to expound upon whatever I have mentioned. They don't offer their name or a hand to shake or name and telephone number and I'm sorry if this sounds old fashioned, but I don't think it should be my responsibility to do that so once again...SELAH and no connection. I dated one gentleman a bit but he was hiding a disturbing habit and you know God does not want us to be in darkness so as it was revealed...I POLITELY BOWED OUT. Everyone, at least I think everyone, wants someone to care about them, call during the day, hold hands with, etc. though I thoroughly understand a woman on her own is just FINE (thank you daughters). But I am thankful to say God has brought someone back into my life from many years ago and we were very comfortable with each other before so who knows. I think it gives me great peace that we already had a lovely rapport once upon a time but as the song says, "Nice and easy does it every time." No need for either of us to rush. Those of you desiring a mate, here is the best advice, STAY PRAYERFUL. And if God brings you someone, BE PRAYERFUL TOGETHER. He is truly the glue. God is love and love is wonderful at any age.

No comments: