Sunday, May 11, 2008

Boy Am I Tickled!!!

I had no real desires for Mother's Day except to go to church, enjoy a smile from my Mom and some hugs from my children (virtually from Shae Shae since she is in VA) but as usual, they knocked me off my feet. I was awakened to breakfast in bed, a mug they decorated and filled with various cutouts and on each cutout there were words that described how they feel about me. Then they sang a song that they had written. So thoughtful...They made Mom's breakfast too and Micah and I went to church. He was the perfect gentleman once again. The pastor's wife gave the message and what a message it was. First of all her delivery was so heartfelt as well as researched. She provided insight regarding 2 Mom's in the Bible...one being Eve and the other being Mary. Even though I would never be able to reiterate the message, the bottom line was this...One Mom brought sin into the world and the other Mom brought the One that would save us from sin into the world. Profound. Mothers are so important. We can learn from one mother's mistakes and learn from the other mother's example. The pastor then asked every Mom to come to the front, he prayed over us, gave each of us flowers and led us in a very inspirational song. I truly felt honored. Once home, my children gave me another set of gifts that were well thought out...a planner and a sparkling stainless steel pen/pencil set. They know I love things that help me with organization. We enjoyed a nice dinner and each others company. BUT WAIT, night time came and all of the lights went out and I saw twinkling lights approaching. You guessed it. One last gift, a candle holder with 4 of the sweetest smelling tealights ever! Blue is my favorite color and I love angels so this holder was the perfect combination and along the bottom it read "Guardian Angels Are Disguised As Mothers". It just doesn't get any better than that. Thank you Lord for granting my heart's desire to specifically be the Mom of 2 girls and a boy. I SURELY HOPE YOUR MOTHER'S DAY WAS FILLED WITH JOY AND LOVE.

No comments: