Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Beranda turned 21 yesterday!!!

And boy did we have an awesome time. PRAISE GOD for this wonderful child. She is amazing. Self-proclaimed the 'Golden Child' but it truly fits. Actually I have been blessed with 3 glowing gems and I am grateful for every similarity and every difference amongst them. They have been such a beautiful support system for me and with Mother's Day approaching, though children usually give Mom's the thanks, I truly want to thank my children and God for allowing me to be their Mom. Well anyway, we had an eating experience. Cuyahoga Community College had a free event about 2 weeks ago and we were blessed to win a gift certificate to The Melting Pot in Legacy Village (Beachwood). If you have never been there, put on some nice duds and go at least once. It is fondue style. I remember when I first married (back in the 70's), the "in" gift was the fondue pot and though I received several I never used one of them, in fact, we probably returned all of them for something we thought was more practical. Now I am thinking I would enjoy having one. Especially now since we eat so much fresh veggies and seafood. It was so much fun and my 15 year old son who is a pretty picky eater laughed, ate heartily and actually tried new things. He was the perfect gentleman. YOU WILL TRULY LOVE IT THERE!!!! I investigated their menu online prior to going so I would have some idea and also touched bases with my oldest daughter, Shae, who dines at their VA location often. It's funny, we used to eat out a lot in VA and there was a Melting Pot near our home there but I just never took the opportunity. The older I get, the more I am embracing new things. By the way, Beranda and I shared the reading of a wonderful book for her birthday. It is titled "The Art of Growing Up". It is filled with marvelous revelations by Vienne & Lipsey and though it spoke deeply to me at my age, I thought it would help her to embrace life more as she travels this wonderous journey. Mom's I truly encourage you to read this book and share it with a daughter or close girlfriend. Love you all.

No comments: