Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SPRING CLEANING IS IN FULL BLOOM

These past 4 days have been just glorious! Mom's 92nd birthday was yesterday (more about that later and I will post pictures too) and in honor of that, my sister-in-law, Phyllis, wanted to come in and do a good old fashioned Spring cleaning for Mom. And what a magnificent job she did spending roughly one day on the kitchen and another on the living room scrubbing every nook and cranny, washing walls and curtains, etc. The place really sparkles and the wonderful pine scent radiates throughout. Another part of this that was so special for me was that having someone there for such an extended time, seeing her moving things around and hearing her sing from her vast array of Christian CD's, made me think of days gone by, when Mom was moving around the house like that. It felt like old times and that made me so happy. Mom enjoyed her being there too. She loves music and she did her best to supervise. Though it was meant as a gift for Mom, it was truly a special gift for me as well. I could tell Phyllis really enjoyed herself and put her heart into this effort. Sometimes getting away from the normal routine and having alone time or partial alone time to focus on a project can be very therapeutic. Maybe that's why I enjoy mowing the grass so much. Though Dad has been gone 28 years, it feels like he and I are out there handling it together the way we did when I was a teenager. It relaxes me, refreshes me and exhausts me all at the same time. Every now and then, I appreciate someone doing it for me but for the most part, I simply love it. Well, here's a big THANK YOU to Phyllis!!! Also, my son Micah decided to tackle the yard and the garage on Monday so another big THANK YOU goes out to my son Micah, my nephew Rocky and his son Ryan for outdoor cleaning and getting allllll the trash out just in time for trash collection this morning. May the Lord bless all my family!

No comments: