Monday, January 4, 2016

Well I'm BAAAAAAACK!! Happy New Year Everyone and Blessings to you and your family!!

Wow!  God has brought me through ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ > some things these past 2 years and now I am truly feeling ready to embark upon my writing, traveling and speaking career once again.

It was hard losing Mom and I'm sure you understand that.  Yes, I did continue to pray, worship,  take care of my family, attend classes, work, etc. but I wasn't doing it necessarily with the gusto that I had originally.  My spirit was at peace, the smile was on my face, but I missed my sweet Mother's physical presence in my life.  Note that I mentioned "physical" presence.  I believe our loved ones are always with  us spiritually in one way or another.

In light of my awakening, so to speak, I have started to watch my eating habits closely again, regularly exercise and get appropriate sleep.  We all need a break from time to time.  So many of us give - give - give but fail to replenish and renew ourselves.  I told myself, when Mom became ill, that I needed to strengthen myself and become my best, in order to be the best for her.  Once she was gone, the grief set in and I lost my focus of self to some degree.  Maybe subconsciously, Mom's death halted my reason and desire for the daily replenishing routine I had become accustomed to.  Instead of saying, "I lost my focus,"  it might be better stated that my focus changed.

I definitely felt the desire to be comforted.  Though I was so appreciative that God had brought me a husband during my time with Mom, something changed with him once she passed too. He began to show signs of being self-centered and a lack of  being understanding and sympathetic, (see the poem I wrote previously and read between the lines).  He began to treat me as if I was disposable for some reason.  I asked if we could do counseling together but his response was a very loud, "NO!!"  God hates divorce, but He does not want His children mistreated either.  Unfortunately, after much prayer and patience, divorce ensued.  I relocated, with just enough gas to get me to my destination and I began to comfort myself.  Wrapping up in a warm blanket with Lay's original chips in the yellow bag and sour cream and onion dip was a definite go-to...but if one goes there too often, well, you know the consequences. LOL.  BUT, as I stated, I'm back.  I've relocated, and God has been so AMAZING; blessing me beyond measure.  The love of the Lord and Him working through my VA church, family in Christ along with my children, step-children and grandchildren really lifted me.  BTW, I now have a one year old grandson -  meet Zion!
He and his sister, Kalaya have birthdays 1 day apart. What an AWESOME Provider the Heavenly Father is! 

Thank you to all those Mom Squad sweethearts that continue to reach out to me and pray for me.  You are forever in my heart.  I am happy The Fish brought us together.  Most experiences are golden opportunities and no experience is a waste.  We can learn, grow, share, help someone else and become better, forgiving and more loving along the way, via our experiences.  

I will share more as the months progress.  For now, take care, bless you, and check-in with me here.  It is so nice to be with you again.  I must give a shout-out to Morgan MacDonald of Paper Raven Books, my new mentor.  I truly believe we all have at least one wonderful book inside of us and Morgan can lead you to making this dream a reality.  Reach out to her and review her blog at http://paperravenbooks.com/craft-of-writing/.

Love and care,

Darlene aka Dee, formerly of 95.5 The Fish - Mom Squad!

P.S. Periodically, I have had the pleasure of hearing from the old gang.  Continue to check out the wonderful things that the current Mom Squad is doing!

No comments: