Tuesday, February 14, 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY WILL FOREVER BE THE SWEETEST DAY, FOR ME

He strolled past with a swagger
That I'll never forget
Flashed a charming smile, a greeting and yet
In that brief moment I thought, "Hmmm?"
Broad shoulders, rich chocolate; he filled the room

Covered in brick dust, a working man
On a mission, lunch break
Would he go for pizza or a piece of cake?
In that brief moment I thought, "Hmmm?"
Broad shoulders, rich chocolate; he filled the room

We landed in the deli of Whole Foods
Searching for a taste treat
He asked. I said, "Tuna with cranberries, I don't eat meat...."
We talked. A Christian, with a voice so smooth. "Hmmm!!"
Broad shoulders, rich chocolate; oh yes, he filled the room

Little did we know this was an appointed time
This meeting Spirit led
On Valentine's Day in church we were wed
I looked into his eyes ... "What a sweet face."
Thank you Jesus for your grace and for filling our empty space.

No comments: